The application process is outlined below or you may download the Application Checklist to print.
All necessary forms are available in PDF form below or contact the school office and we will be happy to pass these forms along to you.
- Application Checklist
- Student Application for Admission
- Sibling Application for Admission
- Pastoral Reference for Admission
- Pastoral Reference Doctrinal Statement
- Pastoral Reference Vision Statement
- Authorization for Release of Records
Fill out the Student Application for Admission completely. Please note:
- The birthday cut-off date for our Little Pelicans, Pre-Kindergarten, Junior Kindergarten and Kindergarten classes is August 1.
- Applicants for our Little Pelicans class must be potty trained by the start of school.
- Should you be applying for more than one child you should submit the Student Application for Admission for the oldest child and the Sibling Application for Admission for any additional children.
- Should you already have a child at Covenant School you may submit the Sibling Application for Admission for subsequent children.
- Submit the Student Application for Admission/Sibling Application for Admission with a check for $60.00 per child application fee (non-refundable) to the school office. This application fee must be submitted before your child will be considered for enrollment.
- Provide a Pastoral Reference for Admission packet (which includes the Pastoral Reference Form, the school’s vision and doctrinal statements and a return envelope) to your pastor/church leader. This reference must be submitted to Covenant School before admission will be considered.
- Applicants for First through Sixth Grade who have been attending another school must sign the Authorization for Release of Records. This form must be submitted to the office of the applicant’s current school.
When these steps are completed, the school will contact you to make the following appointments:
- Visit and Academic Screening: During the school year, all prospective students must have an at school visit as a part of the application process. (Special arrangements can be considered for applicants from outside the St. Louis Metropolitan area.) Little Pelican (PK3), Pre-Kindergarten and Junior Kindergarten applicants should visit Covenant School for 2-3 hours. Applicants for Kindergarten and First Grade should visit for a half day. Second through Sixth Grade applicants should visit for a full day. Each applicant for Kindergarten through Sixth Grade will be screened for academic readiness during their visit. During the summer all propsective students will be given an academic screening.
- Enrollment interview: Parent(s) or guardian(s) will meet with two members of the school board. Covenant Christian School is a covenantal school and exists to assist Christian parents in the education of their children within the context of a biblical worldview. Our bylaws require at least one parent to be a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ and to give a testimony of that belief. The purpose of the enrollment interview is to give one or both parents the opportunity to provide Christian testimony. If you have never given your testimony before, you may consider the following prior to the interview. We understand that everyone’s conversion experience will be different and that faith backgrounds may impact the nature of a testimony.
You may want to share some general background information about yourself.
- What were the specific circumstances that the Lord used in your conversion?
- What changes took place as a result of your acceptance?
- On what do you depend for your salvation?
- What is the Lord doing now in your life?
Thank you for considering Covenant Christian School. After the enrollment interview you will receive a letter and/or a phone call letting you know the current status of your application.
If you have any questions, please call the school office at 314-787-1036 ext. 35 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.